Skip to main content

Getting Started with Programming

   The Beginner's Confusion

      When I was trying to learn programming, I was overwhelmed by the amount of free resources available on the internet. I signed up for lots of free tutorials, online courses, live sessions and ended up not learning productively and efficiently. 

   However I was able to formulate a plan on how to get started and it saved me a lot of time. I hope everyone who's reading this blog would find it useful too. 

What Language should one begin with?


fig: different computer languages

      I was super confused on what language to begin with, for I wanted to learn the 'BEST' language which would cover all aspects of computer science. But here's the truth, every language has its own use. You need to know what's your need. 



        I'm starting with python as it is in my college curriculum, even if it wasn't I would still start with python. It's beginner friendly, free and really powerful. You can make good projects in a short span of time.

Another mistake which people do is they don't understand the basics of computer science before actually getting into programming. I watched "Crash Course Computer Science" in Youtube. It really helped understand the beginning of CS, how it all started, why certain things are the way it is. 

The second step would be building or learning how to think in a way you can find multiple solutions to a problem, more than learning the language it would be best if we start with approaching questions. A guide which I used was the modules in "Khan Academy". They have a pleothra of videos regarding CS.

After this I signed up for a free course, "Python for Beginners" by Simplilearn. I haven't completed the course still. You can also check out "freecodecamp" and "w3schools". I'm finding them extremely helpful.

So this is for now. After I complete learning python or maybe finish the course, I'll give a review which might be useful to you.

Links for the above mentioned Resources:

Crash Course: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLH2l6uzC4UEW0s7-KewFLBC1D0l6XRfye

Khan Academy: Programming | AP CSP | Khan Academy

Simplilearn: https://simpli-web.app.link/e/aTDjdXxEAmb

THANK YOU AND HAPPY LEARNING!!

Comments